Our practitioners are experts in the structure of the human body and its movement. They work with people of all ages to treat a broad range of health conditions including movement related injuries and musculoskeletal conditions as well as chronic health conditions such as diabetes, obesity, osteoarthritis, stroke and chronic pain.
Proactive Health & Movement have a strong interest in offering our clients education on ‘the reason’ they are in pain and an opportunity to address ‘the reason’ they are in pain, not just the pain itself.
Clinical pilates is often used as part of a management plan as a way to both cognitively and physically gain an understanding to improve movement, reduce pain and prevent injuries and problems from returning in the future.
How can clinical pilates help?
Clinical pilates can have an influence on the mechanical nature of the body where pain and function can be influenced in many areas of the body, including:
- Foot and ankle
- Knee and leg
- Hip and pelvic region
- Back and neck
- Shoulders and arms
- Clinical pilates can be helpful also in specific situations and conditions such as:
- Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis and other neurological disorders
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and other Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue
- Pelvic floor and diaphragmatic function
- Postural changes leading to pain such as obesity and pregnancy
What should I expect at my first pilates assessment consultation at Proactive Health & Movement?
- A consultation time that allows us to offer a high-quality service.
- A thorough history and background assessment that gives you an opportunity to tell the practitioner your reason for consultation and goals for treatment.
- A diagnostic assessment including physical, functional and biomechanical assessment.
- An opportunity for discussion and education regarding your health condition/ reason for consultation and management options.
- An outline of a short and long term management plan with the advice and recommendations of our practitioners.
- And above all else, you can expect you will be treated with respect and kindness at all times.
How can I make an appointment?
You can make an appointment by: