Podiatrists are experts in foot, ankle and lower limb health. They can help to prevent, diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions such as fractures, sprains, joint disorders and chronic pain via biomechanical therapy.
Biomechanical related injuries are caused by the way a person stands or moves and is often the cause of chronic pain. Long term relief from pain and improved function can be achieved by addressing biomechanical related injuries with orthotic therapy and gait rehabilitation.
Proactive Health & Movement have a strong interest in offering our clients education on ‘the reason’ they are in pain and an opportunity to address ‘the reason’ they are in pain, not just the pain itself.
How can orthotic therapy or gait rehabilitation help?
Orthotic therapy and gait rehabilitation can have an influence on the mechanical nature of the body where pain and function can be influenced in many areas, including:
- Foot pain including toe, forefoot, midfoot and heel pain
- Ankle pain
- Shin pain
- Knee pain
- Leg pain
- Hip pain
- Lower back pain
- Orthotic therapy and gait rehabilitation can be helpful also in specific situations and conditions such as:
- Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis and other neurological disorders
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and other Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue
- Postural changes leading to pain such as obesity and pregnancy
What should I expect at my first biomechanical assessment consultation at Proactive Health & Movement?
- A consultation time that allows us to offer a high-quality service.
- A thorough history and background assessment that gives you an opportunity to tell the practitioner your reason for consultation and goals for treatment.
- A diagnostic assessment including physical, functional and biomechanical assessment.
- An opportunity for discussion and education regarding your health condition/ reason for consultation and management options.
- An outline of a short and long term management plan with the advice and recommendations of our practitioners.
- And above all else, you can expect you will be treated with respect and kindness at all times.
How can I make an appointment?
You can make an appointment by: