Physiotherapists are experts in the structure of the human body and its movement. They work with people of all ages to treat a broad range of health conditions including movement related injuries and musculoskeletal conditions as well as chronic health conditions such as diabetes, obesity, osteoarthritis, stroke and chronic pain.
How can a Physiotherapist help?
Some typical reasons to see a physiotherapist include:
- Musculoskeletal and sports injuries
- Diaphragmatic and pelvic floor function
- Occupational health
- Pain management
- Sports injuries and prevention
- Stroke and other neurological illnesses such as Parkinson’s disease or Multiple Sclerosis
What should I expect at my first physiotherapy consultation at Proactive Health & Movement?
- A consultation time that allows us to offer a high-quality service.
- A thorough history and background assessment that gives you an opportunity to tell the practitioner your reason for consultation and goals for treatment.
- A diagnostic assessment including physical, functional and biomechanical assessment where required.
- An opportunity for discussion and education regarding your health condition/ reason for consultation and management options.
- An outline of a short and long term management plan with the advice and recommendations of our practitioners.
And above all else, you can expect you will be treated with respect and kindness at all times.
How can I make an appointment?
You can make an appointment by: