Podiatrists are experts in foot, ankle and lower limb health. They can help to prevent, diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions such as fractures, sprains, joint disorders and chronic pain via biomechanical therapy.
How can a Podiatrist help?
A podiatrist can provide a wide range of services including:
- Nail and skin care
- Diabetes related assessment
- Ingrown toenail treatment
- Treatment for foot, ankle, knee, leg or hip pain
- Orthotic therapy
- Gait and balance re-training
Often a podiatrist may recommend specific exercises, the use of custom-made orthotics (inserts) for your shoes, or medications to treat skin conditions.
What should I expect at my first podiatry consultation at Proactive Health & Movement?
- A consultation time that allows us to offer a high-quality service.
- A thorough history and background assessment that gives you an opportunity to tell the practitioner your reason for consultation and goals for treatment.
- A diagnostic assessment including physical, functional and biomechanical assessment where required.
- An opportunity for discussion and education regarding your health condition/ reason for consultation and management options.
- An outline of a short and long term management plan with the advice and recommendations of our practitioners.
And above all else, you can expect you will be treated with respect and kindness at all times.
How can I make an appointment?
You can make an appointment by: