Psychologists are experts in human behaviour who can help people to improve their quality of life by working with them to understand their individual situation, difficulties and needs. Often a psychologist may work with a person to address the way they may feel, behave and react.
Psychologists study the brain, memory, learning and processes around human development. Psychological treatments such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) or mindfulness may be used as a treatment option during a course of therapy.
How can a psychologist help?
Many people at some point in their lives will benefit from seeing a psychologist. Psychologists can help people on a range of emotional and psychological issues. Some typical reasons to see a psychologist include:
- School students with learning difficulties
- Anxiety and stress management
- Grief and loss
- Family and relationship issues
- Chronic Pain
- Improving athletic, work or life performance
What should I expect at my first psychology consultation at Proactive Health & Movement?
- A consultation time that allows us to offer a high-quality service.
- A thorough history and background assessment that gives you an opportunity to tell the practitioner your reason for consultation and goals for treatment.
- A mental health assessment using evidence based assessment tools and discussion or diagnosis where required.
- An opportunity for discussion and education regarding your health condition/ reason for consultation and management options.
- An outline of a short and long term management plan with the advice and recommendations of our practitioners.
- And above all else, you can expect you will be treated with respect and kindness at all times.
How can I make an appointment?
You can make an appointment by: